Monday, June 15, 2015

"Tell me..the words to say, the road to take to find the way back to your heart..."

When I was 10 I was a massive pop music fan. I wore fluffy clips in my hair ala Britany Spears in 'Hit me baby one more time', I pestered my parents until they played my CDs in the car and I plastered my walls with posters from TV Hits.

The stand out boy band in my eyes was the Backstreet Boys. I spent a good chunk of my day searching for picture of them on the internet - and waiting for dial up speed photos of appear on the screen. I knew every members full name, age, musical influences, hobbies, favourite foods, what they liked in a girl, blah, blah, blah, blah - you name it, I probably knew it. I listened to their albums (I owned ALL of them) on repeat all day errr day and I bought every bit of paraphernalia, no matter how big or small.

Unfortunately for 10 year old me, they never toured New Zealand in their height of fame, BUT fortunately for my 29 year old self they came a few weeks ago. I was skeptical. I've hardly listened to an album by them for years and I hadn't listened to any of their new stuff. Plus, as much as my sense of humour hasn't progressed, I'm no longer 10 years old.


Even with those set backs the concert was AMAZING! And I don't say that lightly. I've been to a lot of concerts and my musical tastes have completely changed over the years.





Even so, I'm happy to say that this was THE BEST CONCERT ever, like ever. They played a great mix of their old stuff that I remember - around 90% of the songs I knew. They were insanely interactive - coming out into the crowd and posing for photos on the stage. My best friend and I danced all night. It was awesome. I would totally go if they toured NZ again!

These last photos are my two absolutely favourite shots of the night...
 One of Brian posing for my photo on stage.
 And one of me getting the bestest hand shake ever from my favourite backstreet boy. Yay!

No comments: