Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Taking Stock

I got this cool little idea from 'All in a daze' and I see she was joining in with 'Meet me at Mike's' to take stock. I really liked this as a once a month or once a fortnight kinda idea. A great mini-journalling exercise. It might even take over 'Things I'm loving', because try as I might, I can't rekindle my fire for that.

I'm home today with a sick bubba. I've also been sick myself on and off - more on than off though, mostly, I think, because I just won't stop. It's hard to slow down when it's not your nature. Battling along with a bit of a cold seems OK until it just won't go away. Rest, lots of fluids and lots of cuddles is the only thing for it. Couple that with not feeling so crash hot mentally and emotionally at the moment for a variety of reasons and I have somewhat of a shit storm!

These are the last 5 photos taken on my phone, thought that'd be a good way to start...

Making : An attempt at getting my blogging mojo back on point.
Cooking : Nothing tonight - origin night and I have no husband.
Drinking : Lots and lots of water to flush this cold out.
Reading: 'Cross stitch' Diana Gabaldon
Wanting: The next 2 1/2 weeks to pass very quickly and then the following 2 very slowly.
Looking: Forward to our trip away to Rotorua.
Playing:'The game'
Deciding:Whether to go to work tomorrow or be a good mumma for a borderline sick bubba.
Wishing: The perfect job would pop up.
Enjoying: Spending time with my smallest friend today.
Waiting:For the storm to pass.
Liking: This sunshine on a cold winter's day.
Wondering:How long Willow will nap for this time...
Loving: The stage Leah is at right now, such a cool age of learning and wonder.
Pondering:What's up next for me...
Considering: A major change.
Buying: Lots of things for birthday parties just around the corner.
Watching: Dr Phil, lol background noise.
Hoping:Willow does have a good long nap this time, she's knackered.

Marvelling:At how happy wee people are when they're sick - I feel like rubbish!
Cringing: At my own downfalls.
Needing: A huge pick-me-up.
Questioning: The sincerity of others.
Smelling: Mango body lotion.
Wearing: My Bunnies jersey, Glory glory.
Following: Bowl full of Lemons Book Club
Noticing: A lot of negative stuff - need to make a point of looking for positives.
Knowing: 'This too shall pass'.
Thinking: This passing shit is taking too long.
Admiring: A husband that always knows how to make me feel better, even if he doesn't realise it.
Sorting: Out my spare room - decluttering, again!
Getting: Sleepy this afternoon.
Bookmarking: oh no, pinning, always pinning.
Coveting: My old self's confidence.
Disliking: Feeling like I'm at the bottom of the pit.
Opening:a package from the mail man, hopefully....hopefully...
Giggling: At Leah's great questions and her, 'What you say mumma?'
Feeling: Tired.
Snacking:Oooo, no thank you, full from breakfast.
Helping: yourself is truly one of the hardest things to do.
Hearing: The sky moving outside.. rain soon?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Checked out Bowlful of Lemons - great to have some ideas for books when I get stuck.