Friday, March 6, 2015

30 before 30 Progress Update - Restaurants

Goal #22 in my list of 30 goals before I turn 30 is to visit a new restaurant a month in 2015.

I began this early and went to my first new restaurant in December. Nishiki is a yummy Japanese restaurant that has Tapa style meals - you order 2 or 3 small dishes (or for me it may have been 4 as it was sooo yummy) instead of one larger one. It's great because you get to try lots of different things. I was quite tame in my choices but I was able to taste the grilled eggplant that my friend had ordered and it was ridic amaze balls.


In January my best friend and I ventured to Mikano as we had a special lunch tapas meal voucher. Although they didn't really deliver on the 'tapa' promise, the food was yummy and it's in a very unique spot. While we were waiting for out meal we got to see a helicopter land, pretty cool!


Miss Clawdy is my new favourite place. It's very fortunate that we live just under an hours drive away from where it's situated or I'd be there on a daily basis. It's well priced, delicious, family friendly and the service is fan-freaking-tastic.

For my birthday in January we visited the Mecca Stonehouse in Mission Bay. I'd wanted to go there for years. It's always somewhere that I'd driven or walked past but never went to. Our meals were very yummy and Mission Bay is such a nice place to eat and then take a stroll. Was a lovely evening.

Even my first Teacher only day allowed me to add to this goal - and it's close to home! Calendula Cottage is a lovely little garden cafe in Glenbrook, about 45 minutes drive from central Auckland.If you go, get. there. corn. frittas! So friggin' good!

I love eating, so this is a great goal for me, but it's great for other reasons too. Food really brings people together. It's allowed Damien and I to have some 'us time', our first since Willow was born and it's strengthened my friendships with a few people, because we're out together eating. I've also made a point of going out and doing stuff because of this goal. When you live as far out as we do, it's good to hit a few birds with one stone when you're out and if I'm venturing somewhere to try out a new restaurant it's a great excuse to visit other places that are near.

Just lovely good vibes all round!

No comments: