Saturday, September 13, 2014

Weekly 10 - 13 - 20 September

“It is not enough to be busy... The question is: what are we busy about?”

1. Clean microwave and fridge Sunday

2. Clean and organise drawers in kitchen Saturday
Believe it or not, this was the pile of utensils that came out of one of the drawers.

I'm not sure who needs 2 whisks or 3 mashers, but we have extras that have been put away for when we need it.
So happy with the result here, with less things in them it's much easier to keep the drawers clean.
3. Update family and about me pages on blog Monday
I clicked these last week and was horrified that the last update on the 'Our family' page was done close to 2 years ago! The 'About me' page hadn't been touched since I began my blog. As well as updating, I've learned a lot of things about layout etc since then, so the 'About me' page especially looks heaps better. Check them out!

4. Make a start on baby books Tuesday
I know one day I'll thank myself for doing this... and hopefully Leah and Willow will too, but until then it's quite exhausting! I'm keeping all of these books up to date by hand PLUS making digital photo books on shutterfly for each year of the girls life up until 5 years of age - then there'll be family ones. I need a nap just looking at them!


5. Drink a gallon of water everyday #30gallonwaterchallenge
I must say. I didn't drink this much water, but I am happy to cross it off as I've made a huge effort to drink more water, and that's what this goal was about.

6. Finish off netting/curtain/window cleaning and clean the couch cushions Tuesday
The curtains were the job I was supposed to be doing on the day that I had Willow. It's taken my poor old body a couple of weeks to get to a point where I was happy to get onto it and I'm so glad it's done. Cleaning the couch cushions was worth it simply to see the happy reaction of my husband...I've never seen him so happy about cleaning!

7. Re-programme Violet the dog for Willow Tuesday

8. Schedule and plan some 30 before 30 goal stuff Thursday
Watch out for a blog post on Monday about what I've began to think about with these goals.

9. Watch the rest of the TED talks I have loaded up Monday
TED talks are great educational gems. They allow anyone in the world to get amazing conferent quality PD from the comfort of your own home. On pinterest a while back I stumbled across this list of the '50 TED talks every educator should check out'. There were a few I'd seen on there before but many of them I had not. Even the talks that weren't specifically targeted toward my sector of education were really thought provoking. I've now watched all the ones I've wanted and even made a note of those that I might be able to use when I work with leading other teachers.

10. Plan for activities to do with Leah from Gymboree book and pinterest pins Sunday
Absolutely loving the Weekly 10 at the moment. I feel like I'm getting things done. I had a day this week where my teeny weeny Miss wasn't having a bar of sleeping and was having a bit of a feeding frenzy. We sat and watched a movie together while she got it all out of her system and afterward I felt toast! Keeping myself busy has been keeping me awake it would seem. Thank you Weekly 10!

So with that little love in mind... let's see what's going on next week...

1. Do Willow's calendar page photo.

2. Get month photo dots ready, find or make?

3. Clean out other cupboards in the kitchen.

4. Get baby book photos of a memory stick ready for printing. If I'm really clever I will print them AND put them in the books.

5. iPad reformat.

6. Spray paint pots and get ready for potting next week - weed, buy potting mix and plants.

7. READ!

8. Complete advent calendar.

9. Make Lemon Curd cake.

10. Look (and make) recipes with the 'Mother Earth' honey ready for the blog posts.

What are you keeping yourself busy with this week?

No comments: