Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Leah's Room - The organisation continues!

Leah's bedroom was a place I've been dreading cleaning out. Babies accumulate a lot of stuff... and her room showed that. Here are some before pics.




As you can see there was just too much stuff. I don't have a photo (of before or after) but I big part of cleaning up Leah's room was working through her old clothes. When I was pregnant I was very lucky to have lovely friends gift us clothes from when their wee girls we under 1. So I had a range of clothes from Newborn to 12 months. I bought 4 60l plastic bins and organised the clothes into 0-3, 3-6, 6-9 and 9-12 months, they even had pretty labels. Unfortunately this just allowed me to pile clothes in there when they were too small and not be too discerning on whether we'd actually use them again with other children. So my first job was to hunt through these and purge.

Another thing I've been desperate to do for a while is get rid of the feeding chair as Leah no longer has a bottle at all. Luckily I needed a new teaching chair and it's gone into school - clever! So much more room now.

Here's how the room is organised now.




Another major thing I did was organise Leah's books. She has SO many already, we just love books, but I was getting frustrated with finding her in her room reading to herself and accidentally ripping pages. So I put all the rippable pages away (see closet org) and only left out board books and special favourites that mum and dad like reading. Clever mum. Looks so much more neater AND meant that one shelf was free for musical instruments!


I also got around to putting photos in the two animal photo frames that I bought BEFORE Leah was born. Jeez. 17 months to get them sorted. Shocking parenting! Here is the ladybird one, you can see the elephant frame on the top of her book shelf.



 Purging some of Leah's clothes has meant that I had an extra 60l container to play with. I popped all Leah's crib linen in there. Cleaned up one of the shelves a treat. All of Leah's big girl books are now kept at the top of the closet. Everything else just got a spruce up in here and looks good now.

I made Leah a clip holder.... she was way too many clips.

Leah's easel was moved and now with the blackboard facing out she's loving it! She also loves eating chalk which isn't ideal.

Lastly, I went through all of Leah's toys and organised them into the baskets a bit better.

Looks great! Wonder what I'll be purging next week?

1 comment:

Sam said...

It's no easy job is it? I'm currently about to do the same with my daughter's room, just not sure what to do with the stuff she's grown out of that I still want to keep! (and I reckon you can never have enough hairclips :-)