Saturday, September 1, 2012

"We're going to Party, Karamu, Fiesta, forever"

Our favourite little lady turns one on Monday and I really can't believe it. It sure has been quite a year - all amazing, amazing, warm fuzzy type stuff. Being a mum is AWESOME.

For the best part of the last month I've been working on this puppy;

And plan did I what. There was list upon list, many shopping excursions for party favours, cake trial runs, party food, presents. It always seemed like there was so much to do and so little time. To the point where on Friday morning (the morning 1 day before) I packed a sad and told Mr. Man through teary eyes that I couldn't do it anymore, I'd failed. Oh no no said Mr. Man. A few days of him picking up Leah, and I managed to get everything sorted, coming home without Leah on Friday afternoon and heading out to Party HQ to set up was vital. Mr. Man = THE Man.
Photo courtesy of Lynn Fothergill

And all went on without a hitch today, better than without a hitch in fact - just perfect. The sun shone down, the wind died down, Leah slept well in the morning. Just perfect!
Big one made out of photos - Party Decoration
We had a tonne of people over, family and friends, and Leah had a great time playing with all her little friends. She got spoiled rotten (I need a bigger place to house everything - kids toys are bulky!) and stayed up way past bed time playing with all her new toys - jumping from one to the other utterly excited by everything and it's newness. Yummy food and merriment was had by all. Look at my awesome cake/s! I'm so happy with the way the concept turned out. Proud mumma right here.

'Bubbles and Balloons' was our theme <3

Most of all. I'm proud of us - Mr. Man, me and Leah. We made it guys! 1 year down, tonnes more to go. I love you both so much and you two make me a better person and the bestest mum. <3 How lucky am I to know you both and have you in my life.

Enjoy the photos of our beautiful girl's amazing day. xox







Thank you to everyone who came or wished us well or helped us to make it to one. You are who makes us who we are. We love you <3

1 comment:

Ms F said...

If you don't pin that cupcake creation I will lol