Saturday, April 21, 2012

"Painting is easy when you don't know how and very difficult when you do"

I was delighted a month or so ago when Leah created her first paint masterpiece at day care. When I read the learning story (a diary of learning) that went along with the painting I couldn't help but laugh.

"Leah began to paint on her piece of paper by rubbing the colours together...When she had finished she decided to rip up the paper and continue painting on the table".

We're even lucky we got one to hang on the fridge! Little miss, it would seem, likes to rip up paper. Today was no exception.

A while ago (when I was pregnant) I found this recipe for edible paint on pinterest.  I pinned it and put it in the back of my mind for when Leah was a bit older. After seeing how much she enjoyed painting at daycare I decided that now was the time to dredge it up and gets to mixing.

Making the paint is quite easy.  The tutorial on the link above is brilliant.  Basically you mix 3 parts milk powder with 1 part water, add your food colouring and you're away laughing. See below.





Leah had a great time. She added some 'texture' to her paintings using some grass and in good fashion with what we'd learned from her learning story, she ripped up one of the paintings. One this is for sure, messy time is fun!









1 comment:

LatteJunkie said...

<3 <3 Love the close up of her foot!