Wednesday, November 9, 2011

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” - A.A Milne

Number 26 of my 101 challenges is "Download 1 album a week from iTunes, add to iPad/iPod and learn about the artist during the week."

Seeing I haven't officially started my challenges I'm just getting into gear with this and I suppose I should stipulate that I might not always download an album but sometimes might use ones that we already have on iTunes but I've never listened to them very well or I don't know much about the artist.

Cue what I have been doing with this challenge so far. I have been intently listening to 4 albums for the past two weeks - two Queens of the stone age ones; Songs for the deaf and Lullabies to Paralyze, and two Nirvana ones (both of which I'm already quite familiar with, as well as knowing a lot about Nirvana, hence why I have done 4 in a two week period rather than 2); Nevermind and MTV Unplugged in New York. This week is starting late as I'm only adding the album(s) to my devices today but I already know all the songs, just need to learn about the artist.

This week: Paramore - All we know is falling and Riot! Next week I plan to buy my first album, also by Paramore, 'Brand new eyes', and then I would have listened to everything by them :).

Now.  To get ready for this I have been doing a lot of organising.  Having both mine and Mr. Man's albums put onto one machine as well as having the hard drive changed in our mac a little while ago, our iTunes lists were looking a shambles.  So I've begun to organise things a bit better and will do so as I go through albums we already have on our machine.  What an angel I am!

From this...

To this...


 

No comments: